Cancer Care Service at Gold Coast Private Hospital
At Gold Coast Private Hospital, we work together for better care. We believe in a personal approach to cancer care that aligns with the needs of our patients and their families. We offer a fully comprehensive management service from diagnosis and treatment; to support with managing cancer side-effects; survivorship and palliative care. Our multi-disciplinary team meets to discuss each individual case and determine the best care plan for their needs.
Our services include:
- Management and coordination of treatment including chemotherapy and therapies by other specialists.
- Delivery of chemotherapy and cancer treatments in a safe and caring environment including immunotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapies and lymphedema
- Psychosocial support for cancer patients and their families from dedicated social workers and nursing staff
- Outpatient and inpatient chemotherapy
Every member of Gold Coast Private Hospital’s team is here to help our patients and their families.
- Radiation Oncologists
- Radiation Therapists
- Oncology Nurses
- 24 hour Emergency Care Centre
- Speech Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
Palliative Care Physicians are also available for when end of life care may be needed.
Our Day Infusion Centre, located on the ground floor, is available for inpatientsand outpatients, and comprises 16 treatment chairs and four treatment rooms.Our team of oncology nurses support our patients and their overall wellbeing,including administering chemotherapy, monitoring symptoms and managingside-effects. Our nursing team is here to answer any questions and provideadditional sources of information regarding treatment and diagnosis.
Our Oncology & Haematology Ward, located on level two, has been designed to create a warm and welcoming environment. The décor is more akin to a boutique hotel than a clinical facility, with a focus on patient comfort.
Each room has a large window allowing plenty of natural light and overlooking a beautiful landscaped terrace or the neighbourhood. Wide corridors gives the ward an open feel and our patient, family and visitors’ lounge has floor-to-ceiling windows, providing a bright space to relax or socialise with family and friends.
Gold Coast Private is supported by Icon Cancer Centre, providers in the delivery of the latest in radiation therapy technology and techniques for all types of cancer. Icon Cancer Centre Gold Coast Private offers:
- Experienced radiation oncologists and care team
- World-class facilities in a calm and friendly environment
- Advanced radiation therapy technology and techniques including treatment for multiple brain metastases using Varian’s HyperArcTM technology, stereotactic radiation therapy and Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) for left-sided breast cancer patients
- No wait list - consultation and treatment in a timely manner
- Free on-site parking for patients undergoing treatment
- Access to pathology, pharmacy and allied health services
Our Emergency Care Centre is fully equipped to treat patients who may be experiencing a reaction to, and/or side-effects from chemotherapy or other treatments and is open 24/7.
At Gold Coast Private we understand that nutrition and diet play an important role in a patient’s treatment and recovery. Our menu has been developed in collaboration with our senior dietitians and executive chefs so it’s tailored to patients living with cancer, and those that require a soft pallet diet.
Gold Coast Private’s Oncology and Haematology ward offers palliative care, providing comforting and compassionate end-of-life care. We support patients with a wide range of conditions, including chronic diseases, cancers and degenerative illnesses.
Our multidisciplinary team focuses on giving patients and their families dignity, comfort and maximum quality of life through providing relief from pain and other distressing symptoms, and supporting patients and families in their decision making. We work in collaboration with the patient’s Palliative Care Physician, oncology nurses, pastoral carers and the allied health team.
While the costs depends on the type of cancer treatment and whether the patient is covered by private health insurance, it is important to remember:
Chemotherapy and blood disorder treatments are delivered in hospital and therefore require private health insurance. Out-of-pocket expenses, if any, depend on the health fund and level of cover, and are generally referred to as an ‘excess’ or ‘co-payment’.
- In most cases radiation oncology is funded by Medicare and up to 80-90% of the fee is covered. No private health insurance is required.
- Please ensure that you contact your private health insurer to clarify your out-of-pocket expenses.
Dr Marco Matos | 07 5530 0240
Dr Steven Stylian | 07 5597 1305
Dr Andrea Tazbirkova | 07 5530 0490
Dr Alejandro Arbelaez | 07 5563 3518
Dr Herman Lee | 07 5597 1211
Dr Gregory Seeley | 07 5532 7655
Dr Hanlon Sia | 07 5597 1211
Dr Steven Stylian | 07 5597 1305
Dr Patrick Tsang | 07 5597 1305
Dr Rachel Wooldridge | 07 5532 7655
Palliative Care Physicians
Dr Momin Sid 07 5530 0770
Wound, Stomal Therapy & Incontinence Clinic
Sophie Harper 07 5530 0783
For more information regarding our Cancer Care Services:
Oncology Services Manager
P: 07 5530 0384